Sunday, December 13, 2009

Introducing...

I'm sure that many of you have now heard our wonderful news... the birth of our daughter, Ava Louise! Matt and I feel beyond blessed that God has given us this precious little girl as part of our lives.

Ava was born Thursday, December 3, 2009 at 2:30pm. She came into this world weighing 8 lbs, 2 oz and measuring 20 1/2 inches long. Matt and I did not know the gender of the baby during the pregnancy. It was such a neat surprise to find out that we had a daughter, literally seconds after she entered this world! Here is a picture of the three of us shortly after Ava was born:

















I have loved seeing Matt with Ava... I have always known that Matt was going to be an amazing dad, and let me just say that 'amazing' is an understatement! Here he is with Ava... (Don't you just love the expression on his face?!) Five minutes into this world and she already has daddy wrapped around her finger!

After being cooped up in a hospital room for a couple of days, I was anxious to get out and do something. So what does a lady do just after having a baby and arriving home do? Go on a walk. Of course. I have to admit, my pain medication was in full effect when I made the decision to go on the walk... I found that out the next morning when the medication wasn't pumping through my veins as well. :) Either way, we enjoyed spending time together as a family in the beautiful weather... especially Fergie!

One of the first things Matt and I noticed about our Ava were here cheeks. Take a look at our cute little chimpunk. I think you'll find the nickname quite fitting.

We have truly enjoyed having Ava home with us. We can't seem to put her down. Ava was so calm when I was pregnant with her, and this remains to be true even now. She never cries... she'll think about it, let out one tiny whimper, and that's about it. All I have to say is, I'll take it! She has been eating great, sleeping from feeding to feeding at night... Not that this is anywhere on our radar, but Ava is already leaving big shoes for Baby #2 to fill! :)


Matt and I can't thank all of you enough for your prayers during this journey! We've been overwhelmed with the amount of love and support we've received from everyone. Thank you, thank you, thank you to our amazing friends and family. You have gone above and beyond to show your love to us and to Ava. Come back soon to see more pictures and updates of this new chapter in our lives!



No comments: