Sunday, December 19, 2010

Smith Family Christmas

This past weekend was spent celebrating Christmas early with my family. We ate. We played. We watched old home movies. We had a great time. Here is a glimpse of our weekend.

Usually at some point during the weekend, my brother and I bust out the Old Nintendo 64 and play Mario and Mario Kart. This time, we introduced Ava to the good old Nintendo 64. She figured out that when she pushed the buttons, the TV made different sounds. She may not have mastered the games, but she can now push the pause button with the best of them.

I managed to get 2 pictures of Ava with the Nintendo 64 control. I couldn't pick which one I liked best, so...























You get to see both.























Ava spent some snuggle time with Uncle Ryan and Kayla. Let me just tell you... Ava LOVES her uncle Ryan and Kayla.

















Ava took my mom on a scavenger hunt around the house. Ava pointed at every single thing she saw, and made sure that Oma not only walked her over to the item, but let her touch it as well. Ava definitely got this 'pointing' thing from me. I used to do the exact same thing with my Grandpa when I was a little girl. Well hey, Ava may not look like me, but maybe she'll act like me... Oh wait, that is not going to be a good thing in about 13 years.

















Ava's latest talent: Sticking out her tongue whenever she is hard at work. Whether she is crawling, looking at a book, or trying to figure out how to work a toy, her tongue is out.























Saturday morning, we looked out the window and saw SNOW! I'm not talking about any ordinary snow, either. I am talking about the fattest snowflakes I have ever seen! The snowflakes were easily as big as a golf ball in diameter. My brother and Matt were kind enough to catch a few and show them to Ava.

Ava is only used to having one dog at our house. While we are at my parent's house, Ava gets to play with Fergie + 2. Fortunately, these 3 pups are very well behaved and gentle with Ava. She loves them, and they tolerate her.

Speaking of Fergie... My bro graciously trimmed her nails for me over the weekend and accidentally cut one a little too short. None of us realized that her nail was too short until we noticed the streaks of blood trailing across the floor. The only way to keep her from aggravating her own foot, was to wrap it up in paper towels and masking tape. Poor dog. It made for a funny, yet pathetic picture though.

On to the presents.

Ava is officially ALL ABOUT presents. She loved opening hers, and helping me open mine.

The more presents she opened, the more excited she got...

















Merry (early) Christmas to all!... And to all a Goodnight!

No comments: