Saturday, June 11, 2011

Bike Rides, Poop and Trucks. Oh My!

Today, my brother, Ryan, and his girlfriend, Kayla, came to pay us a visit. We always enjoy their company and we appreciate their willingness to make the drive out here for a day trip!

Ryan and Kayla brought their bikes with them and pretty soon after they got to town, we all headed out for a ride. We rode over to Country Park so that Ava could play on the playground and we could have a picnic lunch. We were pleasantly surprised to discover that the playground was completely vacant upon our arrival. At first, we were a little stumped as to why we were the only ones at the park and then it dawned on us... We were the only people crazy enough to venture out into the sweltering heat at 12:30 in the afternoon. We may be crazy, but we still had fun! 

Ava was brave enough to venture down a tunnel slide all by herself. During previous attempts, I would set Ava down in the slide, and she would wrap her arms around my neck with a death grip while saying, "No! No! No!" I'm not sure what was different this time, but she was all about the tunnel slide today.

After playing in the dessert-like heat, we rode our bikes some more in hopes of feeling a breeze blow across our faces. We found the breeze we were looking for while my brother, an amazing biker, found a trick course he wanted to try.

And try.

 And try.

After all of the biking and playing, it was finally time for lunch. All of us were thoroughly enjoying our lunch when all of a sudden I heard, and felt, a SPLAT! I looked down, only to discover that bird poop had landed on my hand and arm, while remnants of it splattered on my cheek and neck. BLEH! Of all the things I have experienced in my life, being pooped on by a bird has not been one of them, until now. Sorry for the blurry picture...I guess my camera was so disgusted by the event that it decided to focus on the trees behind me instead of the main attraction.

After we got home, Ava spent the afternoon playing in her new favorite toy... Uncle Ryan's Big Bad Mama-Jamma Truck. Ava loves sitting behind the wheel of any vehicle, so she was in heaven to sit behind something the size of an aircraft carrier.

Ava practiced her steering technique.

And caught up on the latest issue of "Diesel Power" Magazine.

At the end of it all, Ava let Uncle Ryan know how much she loves him... and how much she appreciated getting to play in his truck. 

No comments: