Thursday, January 28, 2010

Cheeks

One of the first things we noticed about Ava when she was born were her cheeks. Her cheeks have become her trademark, the thing people notice about her first, and what people seem to remember most about her. They're pretty darn adorable if I do say so myself. 

Well folks, let me introduce you to Ava's other set of cheeks. Come on. Every baby has to have at least one "butt" shot at some point during their life time. What am I talking about... at least one? I'm sure we'll have a boat load of "butt" shots throughout the years. Poor Ava, all I have to say is we'll have plenty of ammunition for your future rehearsal dinner! Sadly, I think the cheeks on her face are larger than the cute dimpled ones on her backside.

Ava has been smiling and laughing up a storm lately. It seems that her changing table is the happiest place of all for her. I'm not exactly sure why... Probably because she knows one of us is getting ready to clean up her latest blowout. :) At one time, blogger allowed video uploads. I either can't find that option anymore, or they have done away with it. So instead, I have posted a cute picture of Ava smiling, and have included a link to a video of her smiling and laughing. Click here to see it.

While Matt was at work today, Ava and I were enjoying some tummy time in her room. Not to be left out, Fergie came in wanting to play as well. Matt is not a fan of Fergie laying on Ava's blanket, and truth be told, neither am I. This particular day though, I didn't have enough hands to get Ava out of the way AND force Fergie off of the blanket. So what happened? Fergie made herself quite comfortable in Ava's play zone. And what did I do? Took a picture, of course! I have a feeling Fergie better get used to Ava invading her personal space. :)

I have started giving Ava a bottle for feeding right before bed time. Still my milk, she just eats it a lot quicker. As it turns out, Ava is one messy bottle eater. We have started using bibs on this little girl. I did not think we'd be breaking these bad boys out until she was eating baby food. Guess I was wrong. 


Matt and I enjoyed an evening out this past weekend. We went bowling with our Life Journey Group from church. Our friends, Greg & Laura, each have a pair of bowling shoes. Matt has always found that fact hilarious, and he never passes up the opportunity to make a joke about their shoes. Well, joke no more babe! Greg & Laura bought Matt his very own pair of bowling shoes! Gotta love it.

We were looking forward to a visit from Oma this weekend. She planned on coming to Greensboro for the day, spending time with us and spoiling Ava rotten. Unfortunately, the upcoming snow storm has changed her plans. Darn you snow! Don't get me wrong... I love the white stuff, and I am excited to wake up to a winter wonderland Saturday morning. So far this year though, snow has spoiled our Angus Barn dinner and a visit from Oma! Although we'll miss Oma this weekend, Ava and I have a major trip planned with her in 2 weeks. Ava, my mom and I will be flying out to Utah to visit my grandparents and introduce them to their first great-grandchild! Come back soon to see photos from our trip to the Wild Wild West!

1 comment:

Ken Smith! said...

Hey Gardners! Where are the pictures of Oma and Opa with little Baby Ava that were taken this past weekend? Get crackin'.