Saturday, October 23, 2010

Rocky.... I Mean, Appalachian Mountain High

Matt, Ava and I spent yesterday in the beautiful mountains of North Carolina. If you know Matt and I at all, you know that we LOVE fall. You may even say we're slightly obsessed with the colorful season. Either way, we were both itching to get to the mountains to enjoy the beautiful scenery.

We had no specific plan. We had no schedule to follow. We had no deadlines to make. We got in the car and drove wherever we wanted to go. It was wonderful. At some point during the day, we stopped at one of the many outlooks along The Blue Ridge Parkway. It was gorgeous. God's colorful artwork takes my breath away every autumn!

Here are my two favorite people in the world enjoying a walk along the mountainside.

Ava and I posed for a quick picture. Notice the mischievous grin on Ava's face? Care to know what she was thinking?

I will bet she was planning her attack on my earring... Because that is just what she did!

On our way back to the car, Ava grabbed a hold of my sunglasses. She loves her accessories.

After driving along The Blue Ridge Parkway a bit more, we stopped at Linville Falls. We took advantage of the beautiful backdrop to take a few pictures...

This picture was taken on the hike to the actual falls. We looked up and saw the sun shining through some gorgeous trees. Gorgeous trees. Cute baby. Perfect picture.

Once at the falls, a gentleman was kind enough to take a picture of the 3 of us.

Taking a seat on a cliff with roaring water below. Dare devils, I know. Really though, this picture doesn't do the waterfall justice. It may appear that Ava and I are merely sitting on a rock with a trickle of water in the background. We are in fact, sitting on a cliff, with roaring water below.

Same place, different parental unit.

We ended our mountain trip in Blowing Rock. We walked through the shops, Ava played at the playground and we at dinner at Pssghettis.

Wonderful day. Wonderful weather. Wonderful family. We can't wait to go back again!

No comments: