Saturday, October 02, 2010

She's Going Bananas!

Yes, the title of this blog explains Ava's disposition on a daily basis. She is crawling all over the place. She is able to pull things off shelves and out of baskets at an impressive rate. She can go from sitting to crawling and vice versa. She has even discovered Fergie's dog door and she has attempted to pull up on it to see what is on the other side. Ava is on the move, and I have a feeling she isn't going to slow down anytime soon!

**Funny "On the Move" story: A few days ago Ava, Fergie and I went out for our morning jog. When we got back, I noticed that Fergie's water bowl was empty so I filled it up. Normally, I fill her bowl with regular tap water from the sink. This particular morning, I filled Fergie's bowl with ice cold water from the refrigerator. I then put Ava on the kitchen floor while I got myself a glass of water. In the 2 seconds it took for me to get myself a drink, Ava had crawled over to Fergie's food & water dish and was trying to pull up on it (Fergie's food & water dish stands about 12 inches tall). What happened next was one of those moments that seems to unfold in slow motion.... As Ava continued to pull up on the dish, her weight managed to pull the dish over. Every drop of Fergie's ICE COLD water splashed Ava in the face and drenched her clothes. I braced myself for a loud scream, but heard nothing more than a few heavy breaths... You know, the kind of deep breaths you take when you jump into a pool of freezing cold water. Let's just say she hasn't tried to pull up on Fergie's water dish since!**

Back to bananas... Bananas are one of Ava's favorite things to eat. The other morning she decided that along with eating the banana, she would mash it into her hair. Almost 10 months old and she's already a hair styling diva!

No comments: