Thursday, January 20, 2011

Adios Siesta!

Well, it's official. Ava now only takes one nap per day. She has recently cut out the morning nap from her routine. I'll admit, dropping her morning nap has been bittersweet for me. Bitter, because I no longer have a morning break to get things done around the house. Sweet, because we can spend more time out and about during the day. Plus, I get to spend more time with my favorite girl throughout the day. And who wouldn't want to spend more time with this little cutie?

Come mid to late afternoon, Ava clearly lets me know that she is ready for a snooze. Typically, Ava does one of three things: 1) She will grab the nearest stuffed animal and lay down on top of it on the floor. 2) She will crawl into her room, point to her crib and say, "bud" (bed). 3) She will crawl into her room, pull up on the slats of the crib, and shake them violently... letting me know she wants IN!

Today, she was so tired, instead of laying down on the floor with a stuffed animal, she just cuddled up with Elmo on the couch.

1 comment:

Hope Spencer said...

Melissa, I enjoy your blog so much! I am still laughing over the most recent "B is for Biskies" post. As a former first grade teacher, that one really got me! Tell you what, I will take Ava's other nap for her, okay? :) We love you guys!