Monday, April 25, 2011

Nothing Compares

So, last night, I sat down with every intention of writing and publishing another blog post. I have written 100+ over the past year and a half and typically, blogging comes pretty easy to me. I think about what I want to write, type my thoughts through the keyboard and Bam! Blog Post! This was not the case last night, however. I had a serious case of writer's block. Perhaps blogger's block is the more accurate term.

No matter how hard I tried to come up with witty comments, stories and captions for all of the pictures from our Easter weekend, nothing seemed worth writing. Nothing was coming out the way I wanted it to. That's when I realized that there was nothing I could say to compare to the love that God showed to us many years ago on that cross. Nothing could compare to Jesus defeating the grave. Simply put, I just felt silly trying to fit the word "egg" into as many other words as possible (ex: eggcellent) and emphasizing all of the events that took place this past weekend instead of emphasizing THE EVENT that took place 2000 years ago. Nothing compares...

"This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins." 1 John 4:9-11

As I continue this post, please know that again, these pictures (or any pictures, or anyTHING) cannot and should not compare to the resurrection of our Lord! I share these photos with you though, as a testimony to the grace, love and mercy Christ has bestowed on our family.

"Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4

Egg Hunt at the Holbrook's


Egg Hunt at home, with my parents

 They really do melt in your mouth, not in your hand...

Dying Eggs

Snuggling with Oma 

Easter Basket

My wonderful family

Proof that God's timing is perfect :)



Enjoying a bike ride around the neighborhood.



Egg Hunt #3: Fergie found the eggs before Ava did. Fergie also ate all of the candy before Ava even stood a chacne... aluminum Reese's wrappers and all.

Fotunately, I had extra eggs and extra candy... and the egg hunt continued... without Fergie.

Ava loves the newly added sand beneath her swing set.


No comments: