Thursday, April 07, 2011

Pink Piggies. Monkey Face. Gone. Birthdays.

Pink Piggies: Every girl loves a good pedicure, right? Well yesterday, I pulled out the nail polish and jazzed up Ava's little toe nails... And boy, do I mean LITTLE! She sat very still while I painted and when I was done, Ava let out an, "Ooooooooooooh!" I am trying to balance out her love for basketball with something a little girly. :)

















Monkey Face: We don't know how it started, but for the past week or so, when you ask Ava to do a 'Monkey Face,' this is what you see.... Well, kind of. Normally, Ava's Monkey Face is a bit more exaggerated than what you see below... Eyes super squinted, nose super scrunched and lips super puckered. She also breathes really hard in and out through her nose.

Gone: My first car. 16 years old. 175,000 miles. No, it didn't spontaniously combust, my beloved Acura Integra is now under new ownership. We sold it to my brother last week.... So it's still in the family. :) My brother has one of the largest pick-up trucks on the planet, and it costs him just under $400/month in gas. Yikes! So, in an attempt to save some money driving bavck and forth to work, he now owns this classy ride.

Birthdays: This past week has been a busy birthday week in the Gardner/Smith/Kincaid family. First up, Matt's paternal grandmother, Blanch (Gammy). On April 5th, she turned 84 years young! Happy Birthday, Gammy!

Second Birthday goes to my dad, who turned the big 6-0 today! Happy Birthday, Opa!

And last, but certainly not least, Matt's maternal grandfather, Jimmy (DeDa), who today, turns 77! Happy Birthday, Deda!

1 comment:

The Usserys said...

That is the cutest little foot EVER :)