Friday, May 27, 2011

Can You Tell Me How to Get...

How to get to Sesame Street?

I don't have to tell you how to get to Sesame Street, I can show you! This morning, Matt and I took Ava to see Sesame Street Live! The same friend that hooked us up with box seat tickets to the circus, hooked us up with box seat tickets to Sesame Street Live. A huge thanks friend, for thinking of us and giving us the tickets. What a blessing you and your family are to our family! :)

Matt and I had originally not planned to take Ava to see Sesame Street, but when the free tickets came our way, we gladly accepted. Oh how glad and thankful I am that we again had a box to let Ava run around in. I don't know about your kids, but Ava (at almost 18 months) would not have been able to handle sitting on our laps or being confined to one seat during the show. It may be her age. It may be that she doesn't watch much television, so she is not all too familiar with the Sesame Street characters. Or, it could be a combination of the two. Either way, while Ava was watching the show, or running around the box, this is what was happening on stage:

If she wasn't sitting on Daddy's lap...

Or posing for a creepy picture with me...

She was stuffing her face with "Ooooh Ohs" (Cheerios).

During intermission, we took a trip up to the Schiffman's Club where we enjoyed a buffet of complimentary... nothing. Sadly, they had run out of food before we got there. Ava did however, enjoy running around, stretching her legs and taking in the glorious view of High Point Road. (For those of you not familiar with Greensboro, the word 'glorious' was meant with extreme sarcasm).

After intermission, one of the few TV personalities that Ava is familiar with made his appearance on stage. As soon as the theme song to 'Elmo's World' started ringing through the coliseum (and my head), Ava was captivated. I am not sure what happened to Elmo's coloring in the picture below. He really was red as a tomato. My guess is that due to the dim lighting, my camera interpreted 'red' as nasty orange.

See what I mean by captivated? This was her viewing stance of choice.

Many thanks again friends, for giving us the opportunity to enjoy Sesame Street Live, stress free!

No comments: