Monday, September 26, 2011

Pinteresting

-Back in May, I was told about this website, Pinterest.

-At first, I didn't quite understand the concept, and I didn't need another thing to suck time out of my life... so I never went to the website.

-Then, about 3 months ago, I had some time to spare, and I decided to give Pinterest a try.

-Fast forward to present time... I am hooked, addicted and pinning like a mad woman.

I quickly started to feel ridiculous... Pinning all of these adorable things and not making one attempt to re-create any of them. So, feeling inspired, Ava and I made the following to give Mimi, Poppy, Oma and Opa on Grandparent's Day. Ava is obsessed with butterflies, so I thought this craft would be the perfect way to let the grandparent's know how much they are loved.


















As if Ava's footprints in butterfly form weren't cute enough, each canvas was wrapped with color coordinated, polka-dot ribbon.

Since my first Pinterest re-creation, I have attempted several more. Here are some of my favorites if you want to give any of them a try!

Crock Pot Chicken Santa Fe
Santa Fe Chicken Salad Wraps
Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings
Blackberry French Toast Casserole
4th of July Strawberries
Toilet Paper Pumpkins

2 comments:

Laura said...

Can I have an invite to pinterest Melissa? I want to see what it is about and saw you have to be invited.

The Usserys said...

Look at those sweet little butterfly feet prints:) Such a cute craft! Well done. We had a pinterest dinner tonight ourselves! I HEART PINTEREST!