Tuesday, September 27, 2011

New Ride(s)

For the past 6 months, our family has only had one car. While having only one car made going to the grocery store, running errands and getting out of the house a bit more challenging, it was surely not impossible. Due to my amazing husband, who often rearranged his work schedule, and my amazing friends, who constantly offered rides, Ava and I were able to get out of the house on a pretty regular basis.

Sure, I dreamed of the day that I could drive to Target on a whim, just because. But for some reason, I was under the impression that that day was a long way off. Until one day, about a month ago, I got a phone call from my wonderful husband. It went something like this:

Me: Hey
Matt: Are you opposed to early birthday presents?
Me: What?
Matt: Are you opposed to getting birthday presents early?
Me: What?
Matt: Well, go outside, because your present just pulled in the driveway.
Me: (Mouth wide open, tears streaming down my face and in complete amazement)

God has been so faithful to our family and I cannot express how thankful I am for all of His provisions. I also can't even begin to say how much I love my husband and how much I appreciate everything he did to completely surprise me with my new ride.

I am so proud to be a mini-van mom!

While we're on the topic of new rides, take a look at Ava's! If you know my daughter at all, then you know she is obsessed with driving. She will try to drive anything round... From doughnuts to smiley face stickers. Since Ava had a somewhat ridiculous amount of money and gift cards left over from her birthday and Christmas LAST year, she marched right into Toys R Us and purchased herself her very first car.

She is in love.



No comments: