Sunday, October 02, 2011

A Few Simple Truths

This past weekend was spent at my parent's house, celebrating Matt's upcoming birthday. While we were there, we discovered a few simple truths.

Truth: When meteorologists forecast chilly temperatures, I pack accordingly. When the meteorologists forecast incorrectly, and my daughter has no warm-weather clothes, nudity becomes the only way to go.
 
Truth: Feeling the breeze is great. Feeling the breeze on your biskies is better.

Truth: My mom no longer has any flowers left in her yard. Ava picked off every petal... naked.

Truth: Eventually the temperatures got cool enough to warrant clothes.

Truth: There's nothing better on a cool, autumn evening than roasting marshmallows and a blazing fire.

Truth: Ava is a fan of S'Mores. (Notice the Tar Heels hoodie Ava is wearing? It was Matt's when he was little... Awe :))

Truth: My parent's chocolate pudding cake (cooked over the campfire) is second to none. Ava agrees.

Truth: I love my family.

Truth: Matt is about to turn 33 and he just keeps gettin' better! Happy (early) birthday to the most amazing husband and father ever!


No comments: