Saturday, October 08, 2011

Fall Festivities

As soon as the 4th of July is over, I am ready to put up my fall decorations. I'm not kidding. I was actually quite impressed with myself this year... I held out until mid/late September before filling my house with pumpkins, leaves and all things autumn. September through New Year's Day is my favorite time of year. I know, it is a lengthy time period, but I love that for 4 months straight, our home is always filled with special decorations and that there is always something fun and festive to do!

Today was one of many spent celebrating the season. Ava and I went to the Fall Festival held at Bur-Mil Park. Our day went a little something like this:

Upon approaching the festival, the pumpkins ("pun-kins") immediately caught Ava's eye. Ava spent several minutes trying to find the perfect "baby pun-kin", but before she could decide on one, the next attraction caught her eye...

The hayride. Actually, it wasn't necessarily the hayride that caught her eye... But thanks to my brother, the tractor got Ava's attention immediately. "Tac-tor! Tac-tor! Ooooh! Tac-tor! Touch it!"  

Being pulled by a tractor, sitting on a pile of hay, riding through the trees, and feeling the breeze on her face was Ava's favorite part of the day.
 
Getting to snuggle up with my baby girl on the hayride was definitely my favorite part of the day.

Up next? Face painting. What kid doesn't like a little face painting action, especially when it comes with a bubble-gum flavored lollipop? It was no surprise what Ava wanted on her chubby cheek. Her favorite animal... A "buh-tuh-bye." 

What better to wash down a lollipop than a bucket of popcorn. And not just any popcorn... KETTLE CORN! This was the first time Ava has ever had popcorn. She approved. The only problem now though, is she will expect ALL popcorn to taste as yummy as kettle corn. Somehow I get the feeling it won't matter. :)

As we made our back to the entrance of the festival, Ava took off running and started screaming, "Hayride! Hayride!" I was more than happy to have another opportunity to snuggle up with my Shoogie.

We made one last stop through the pumpkin patch...

And Ava finally found the perfect baby punkin.

Happy Fall Y'all!

1 comment:

Jane Marsh said...

Lovely photos Melissa. Looks like you all had a great day :)