Monday, October 03, 2011

Back in Action

Last school year, we had the privilege of eating lunch with a kindergarten student, Ziya, once a week. Ava and I fell in love with Ziya and we hated to have to say goodbye at the end of the school year.

We had such a great time getting to know Ziya last year, that I decided to volunteer as a lunch buddy again this year. After a few e-mails back and forth to the school, I was thrilled to find out that my request had been granted, and Ava and I were paired up with Ziya again this year!

Ava and I packed our lunch, loaded up in the van, and headed over to Joyner Elementary. Before pulling out of the garage, I told Ava where we were going and she joyfully shouted, "Yi-Yah!" the entire way to the school.

As soon as Ziya set foot in the cafeteria, she and Ava reunited as if no time had passed at all since the last time they saw each other.

They ate lunch together.

Made goofy faces together.

And thoroughly enjoyed each other's company.

Ava and I are so excited that we get to spend another year with Ziya!

No comments: