Sunday, March 11, 2012

Weekend Re-cap

Matt, Ava and I spent the weekend at my parent's house in Fuquay Varina.

We enjoyed some girl time around the backyard fire pit.

When the temperature started dropping, Ava snuggled with mom...

And dad.

What backyard fire is complete without s'mores?

Mmm Mmm Good!

After stuffing her face with s'mores, Ava bounced the night (and the sugar) away on this horse. I believe this particular photo was taken as Ava was coming down from one of her many, many bounces.

Sunday, we went to a local park. Ava and Opa took a walk.

Ava climbed on the equipment.

A friendly mom took a family picture for us.

My parents tried to hide from the bitter cold by hiding under the playground.

Ava and I played 'underdog.'

Ava has been getting over a cold, and 90% of the pictures I took this weekend look like the one below... Ava hacking up a lung.

Remember that picture of my parents huddling under the playground? That lasted only a few minutes. Somehow (and I honestly have no idea how), my dad realized that the ground (covered with that rubber mulch) was really warm. So what did my parents do? Lay down on it, of course.

The picture above makes it look as though the swing set is tucked away in the playground and no one would notice my parents laying down on the ground. The picture below would show otherwise... My crazy parents were the first thing people saw as they approached the playground from the parking lot, and the last thing they saw before they left.

We enjoyed our time with Oma and Opa! Thanks for letting us come visit. Perhaps next time we come it will be warmer and you won't have to lay down on the ground to stay warm.... Or you could bring a coat. :)

1 comment:

Courtney said...

What park is that? It looks like a fun one my boys need to explore :)