Friday, March 30, 2012

Year After Year

The year Matt and I bought our house, we planted several tulip bulbs in our front flower bed. Each year since then, they have bloomed and painted our doorway with beautiful colors in the spring.

In April 2010, Ava was 4 months old, and she quickly became mesmerized by the tulips blooming in our front yard. I took a quick picture to capture the moment and little did I know, it would become a tradition. 

One year later, in April 2011, Ava was 16 months old and she had finally mastered the art of walking... Which made looking at the tulips fun for her, and a headache for me. The tulips did not last quite as long in 2011, since they were trampled, almost daily, by Ava's stomping walking feet.

Since we had virtually no winter this year, our tulips started blooming in February, and by the end of March, they had already passed their peak. Matt and I are kicking ourselves for not setting aside time to take pictures when the tulips were in their prime. Regardless of the backdrop, and the fact that Ava had just woken up from a nap, I'd say this is still a pretty cute picture.

Can't wait to see next year's photo!

No comments: