Thursday, April 12, 2012

First Hair Cut

For quite some time now, Ava's hair has been, long, tangly and out of control. There has been no real shape to it, and since Ava nearly bites my head off if I even consider putting her hair in a pony tail, I have been at quite a loss as to what to do with her golden curls.

So today, I got my hair cut, and I brought Ava along for the ride. While my hair was being washed, cut and dried, Ava sat in a stroller, played with some toys, ate some snacks, and kept an eye on what was happening to me. Then, when I was done, it was her turn. Leslie, my fabulous hair stylist, had Ava sit on my lap. Leslie then brought out a special cape, just for Ava to wear. As Leslie tried putting the cape around Ava's neck, Ava flipped out and all I could see in the mirror in front of me was cape fabric flying in all directions. We skipped the cape, and after that one freak out, Ava did just fine.

Although, she kept looking in the mirror, trying to figure out exactly what was happening to her hair.

When Leslie was finished, my little girl looked less like a little girl, and more like the big girl she is turning into right before my eyes.

What a cutie! It is hard to see the back of her new do in this picture, but just know it is simply adorable!

No comments: