Friday, July 09, 2010

Eat Mor Chikin

Here is a brief overview of our evening tonight:

The phone rings, Matt picks up, and his long time friend is on the other line.

Matt: Hey man.
Chris: Have you heard, that if you dress up like a cow today at Chick-fil-A, you get a free meal?
Matt: Nope, had not heard that.
Chris: Well guess what... I managed to find 2 full-body cow outfits. I am going to wear one, and you're the first person I thought of to wear the other one.
Matt: I have never been as insulted and flattered at the same time as I am right now. And heck yes, I will do it.
Chris: See you at the Friendly Chick-Fil-A at 6!

...And the rest was history...

Ava wasn't quite sure what to think of her dad. She kept sporting a, "Dad, you're soooooo embarrassing" look on her face. I have a feeling this won't be the last time Ava will be embarrassed by her dad (or me for that matter).


Once we were inside, Ava got over her embarrassment and moved on to playing with the jingle-bells attached to daddy's cow head. I however, was slightly embarrassed when I realized that Matt and his friend, Chris, were the only 2 people over 5 years of age who were dressed like cows. 


Like Ava, I got over my embarrassment and even threw on a cow hat myself when I realized it would bring our dinner bill for the night to a whopping $0! Now that's what I'm talking about! Look at Ava's poor face. I think she is trying to say, "Do I really have to go home with these two whackos?" 


Ava eventually warmed up to the whole cow costume thing and wore the hat herself.


Unfortunately, Chris' wife, Nikki, had to leave dinner early. Matt, Ava and I got to spend some time catching up with Chris though, and his cutie patootie daugther, Marin. Chris and Nikki are expecting their second child in January! Yay! Another playmate for Ava!


Would you believe me if I told you this next picture is part of Matt's P90X workout? Well, it's not. First of all, I would never let Matt use Ava as a weight for the P90X videos and secondly... Matt still won't let me take a picture of him working out. This is just one of Ava's latest party tricks. She enjoys balancing in the air, supported only by dad's hand.

1 comment:

The Usserys said...

Hilarious. Where did Chris land 2 cow suits?