Thursday, July 22, 2010

Shake It Like A Polaroid Picture

It has taken a few attempts to document Ava's latest party trick, but here it is... She waves goodbye and hello! Just in the past week, she has started waving her arm along with me and Matt when we say 'hi' and 'bye bye.' Sure, she probably doesn't know that she is mastering a social skill, but she is waving, nonetheless. 

At this point, her wave is nothing graceful. She doesn't have the homecoming parade wave down just yet. Instead, her wave consists of shaking her left arm rapidly in front of her. Fine motor skills are so overrated. It has been hard to get a picture that truly shows the wave. If you look at the following three pictures back and forth, really fast, you might get the general idea.



Does the fact that Ava's mouth is always wide open in all of her pictures mean I am going to have a loud mouth on my hands in the future? I guess only time will tell.

We enjoyed a visit from my dad, Opa, this week. He drove out to our house to spend the day with us. This was probably one of the first visits my dad has had with Ava where he got to hold her, play with her and spend time with her 100% of the time. I think he was amazed to see how quickly she is growing and how much she can do!


I love this next picture. Many of you might think Ava has a sad look on her face, but I assure you, she is not sad. This is her 'observant/I don't think I know you' face. It is also the face she expresses during our nightly family prayer time. As soon as Matt starts praying, Ava gets serious and she stares at his face with a look of such love and admiration. It melts my heart, every night. 


Her serious/observant moments are few and far between. Typically, our little goober looks more like this throughout the day... Yup, with her mouth wide open!

1 comment:

Tracie G. said...

I just love reading yours and Erin's posts! I hope I get to see Ava before she goes to college. She is such a doll!!
Tell everyone hello!