Sunday, July 18, 2010

A Little Bit of This & That

Last Sunday, our church held a huge picnic at a local park. It was great! Great food. Great friends. Great fun. We enjoyed spending time with our Life Journey Group, which is our church's way of saying, 'Sunday School Class.' Ava got to spend some time with her friend Izzy. Izzy was sweet as could be as she lovingly tried to play with Ava. Ava was not as sweet as could be as she swatted Izzy on the head. Oh boy. Do we have a future bully on our hands?

Ava continues to be a tummy sleeper. I don't mind that she sleeps on her stomach. It's smashing her face into the mattress that I have a problem with. She always manages to place her hands directly under her nose while she lays face down in her crib. I will even sneak into her room and attempt to turn her head to the side. As soon as she feels my hands on her face, she rapidly lifts her head in the air (eyes still shut), and kicks her feet quite forcefully into the mattress. I think that is her way of saying, "Leave me alone and let me SLEEP!" It doesn't matter if I am successful in turning her head or not. Either way, in less than 2 minutes, she is face down again. The picture below, which Matt thinks looks like something from that creepy movie "The Ring," is actually an image from Ava's video monitor.


Ava still loves her exersaucer. Her legs are so long, the exersaucer is currently set at the highest setting possible. I am not looking forward to the day when Ava no longer fits in this toy. First of all, because she loves it so much and secondly, because I am going to have to find something else for her to do when I need to get cleaned up!

Two nights this past week we were blessed with some much needed rain! Ava, being the outdoorsy girl she is, enjoyed playing in the rain. Here she is, hair wet, shirt speckled... post-rain dance.


Matt's sister, Auntie Erin, sent Ava some really adorable outfits this past week. You see, Erin has 2 very handsome boys, so she rarely gets to buy any clothes that fit into the pink/polka-dot/paisley category. We took some pictures of Ava wearing one of her new outfits so Erin could see the fruits of her shopping labor.


In case you can't see it clearly, this shirt says "Glam Girl" in glittery letters, accompanied by a shiny pair of pink sunglasses. We thought that adding a pair of real sunglasses would enhance Ava's cuteness factor. I may have a slightly biased opinion, but I think on a scale of 1-10, her cuteness factor is about 100.


Oh, and Erin, anytime you have an itch to buy cute, girly clothes, I am sure Ava will be happy to model them for you! :) Thanks again!

No comments: