Friday, August 26, 2011

The Big Move

So, this post is long overdue, but better late than never... right? About 2 1/2 weeks ago, my brother packed up his belongings in Apex, and moved 70 miles northwest to Greensboro! Ryan started a new job that required him to relocate, and we're so glad that he did!

I love Greensboro, and thoroughly enjoy living here. It just makes it that much more wonderful to have someone from my very own family living here with me. Ava loves getting to see her uncle 'eye-in' every evening for dinner as well. Ryan's new apartment in less 2 miles from our house, and a 3 minute bike ride away. Oh, and did I mention Ryan's apartment complex has a pool? Let me reiterate how happy I am that he now lives so close. :)

This evening after dinner, the unthinkable happened.... Ryan chaged a diaper. For the first time. Ever! He has been staying away from diaper duty as if it were the plague. Well, somedays 'plague' would be an understatement for what is in Ava's diaper... but that's another story. I do have to say that for his first diapering experience, he had it pretty easy. Just minutes before, Ava had used the big girl potty, so no cleaning was necessary on Ryan's part, just putting on a clean diaper. For a first timer, he did a great job!

Ryan, we're so glad to have you in town with us! Congratulations on the new job and congratulations on the new apartment! We love you and are always here for you!

No comments: