Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Oh Yes, It's Ladies Night!

Tonight I had the pleasure of hosting a ladies night at my house. No husbands. No kids. Just a good old girl's night with cookies, crafting, and of course... talking! It was a lot of fun, and it is such a blessing to get to spend time with such amazing women, moms, and friends.


Our main project of the night was making "Family Christmas Countdowns." My brother and I used to have a wooden plaque with a poem (that is far too long and complicated to remember) written on it as kids. Attached to the bottom of the plaque was a strand of Hershey Kisses... One for every day of December. I wanted to recreate this countdown for Ava, and perhaps start this tradition in the homes of my friends. Here is what the final product looked like:

Like I mentioned before, the poem on my childhood Christmas countdown was far too long and complicated to reproduce. So instead, I combined the Hershey Kiss Countdown with the creative paintings of my sister-in-law, and came up with this...

And this...

Ava loves starting her morning by eating a Hershey kiss off of her Christmas countdown.

No comments: