Monday, January 30, 2012

Meet Morgan

This is Morgan. Isn't she beautiful? Morgan is now a part of our everyday life. I have the honor and privilege of taking care of her during the day, while her mom returns back to work.

I have to admit I was a little bit nervous how Ava would react to a new baby in the house... all the time. My fear became a reality a few weeks ago when we kept Morgan for a day as a "trial run." After just minutes of being here, Ava marched up to Morgan, deliberately pointed to the front door and stated, "Morgan. Go Home!"

Fortunately, between then and now, Ava has done a 180 and has a completely different outlook on Morgan. Ava is more helpful, loving, playful and caring than I could have ever imagined. Ava helps me feed Morgan and change her diaper. Ava plays with Morgan and sings to her when she is fussy.

On top of helping me with Morgan, Ava has been helping me around the house. Today, she helped me make dinner. 

Ava also helped me do the laundry.

When the household chores were over, Ava enjoyed playing with all of the baby gear that has been in the attic for the past year and a half.

Fergie also got some use out of the baby toys that have recently come out of hibernation.

While Morgan was napping today, Ava was goofy...

And silly...

And bad to the bone.

I am so grateful that I get to spend my days at home with my baby girl. Getting to spend our days at home with Morgan is a bonus!

No comments: