Friday, February 10, 2012

The First of Many

I love to cook. I love to bake. I love to clean. I am beyond blessed to be able to spend my days at home with my precious girl. In my head, I like to believe that I am quite the domesticated house wife. In reality, I know that I am a far cry from June Cleaver.

Thanks to a recent Christmas gift, I can add one more thing to the list of things I love to do... sew! With some help and pointers from my mom, I completed my first sewing project. A simple dress for Ava. Thanks to Pinterest though, I have about 50 other items/ideas just waiting to be made.

Ava, who can sometimes be picky about what she wears, gave the dress her stamp of approval by saying, "cute" when she put it on. Not only did she think it was cute, but she enjoyed modeling the dress and posing for the camera.

I couldn't help but take multiple photos...

When this cutie-pa-tootie...

Was on the other side of the camera.

They say modeling is all in the face, right? Well Ava made plenty of those today too...

Including the Zoolander.

And the, "You mean the Tar Heels choked and lost the game to the dookies the other night?" face

Man, oh man. How I love this little girl.

Not only did I make a dress, but I made a hairpiece to go with it. The hairpiece is currently not finished and that is why I do not have a picture of Ava wearing it. The rosettes are complete, I just need to attach them to some elastic. So for now, picture the rosettes, arranged like this, and sitting on the side of Ava's head.

I am ready to start my next sewing project! Now to narrow down my list and focus on just one...

No comments: