Friday, February 24, 2012

No More Excuses

4 days ago, there was snow on the ground. Yesterday and today, we had 70+ degree temperatures. Why hello, North Carolina weather.

I used to run several miles every day. Key phrase in the previous sentence being 'used to.' For the past several days, weeks, months, I have managed to find some sort of excuse: It's too cold. Daylight savings is over, it gets dark so early. Ava is taking her nap. I'd rather watch paint dry. I just don't wanna! Recently, my excuse has been: I don't have a double jogger to take both Ava and Morgan. Well, the temperatures outside are beautiful and thanks to a friend, I have a double jogger. No more excuses.

The only difference between pushing Ava in our single jogger and pushing Ava & Morgan in a double jogger is about, oh, 40 pounds. Holy smokes! I would guess that Ava + Morgan + Infant car seat + Double BOB = over 100 pounds. Forget sore legs... My arms are so sore from running and pushing the BOB that I can barely type this post.

Apparently Ava could tell the difference in my running speed (or lack thereof) this morning. Just by looking at her face, I could tell she was thinking, "Really, mom? You call that fast? Really?"

I don't think words are necessary to describe how Morgan felt about the run.

After I had caught my breath and Morgan woke up from her nap, we spent the rest of the morning outside. Morgan kept watch from the front porch...

While Ava walked Little Baby around the front yard.

Our van desperately needed to be washed. While I cleaned my mom-mobile, Ava worked on her red hot coupe.

When Ava finished washing her own car, she helped me finish cleaning the van. (Please know that contrary to what you see in these pictures, I do have clothing that fits my child. 99% of that clothing though, is meant for normal, not 70 degree, February weather. Looks like I need to invest in a few warm weather outfits in case these abnormally warm days continue. Last year's summer wardrobe just won't do, since Ava continues to grow like a weed. A very tall, and adorable weed.) 

Then Ava took her newly cleaned car for a spin.

What better way to end a morning outside than by eating a picnic lunch in the backyard? And speaking of eating, I think Ava is going through another growth spurt. In about 6 minutes, Ava inhaled the following for lunch: 2 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, a handful of black olives, a bowl of mandarin oranges, applesauce, yogurt, and several pieces of cheese.

No comments: