Saturday, February 27, 2010

95 and 5

Tonight, family gathered at The Harbor Inn, in Burlington to celebrate Nannie's 95th birthday! Nannie is Matt's great-grandmother (Ava's great-GREAT-grandmother). It's unbelievable that 1) Nannie is 95, and 2) She is doing unbelievably well for her age. Happy Birthday Nannie!

This next picture is one of my favorites! This photo captures 5 generations of family. Right in the center is Ava, then her Dad (Matt), her Mimi (Kim), her Mema (Judy) and her Nannie (Lucille).

This is a picture of Nannie with her grandchildren (left to right): Robyn, Kim, Penny, Chris, Lisa, Laura, Britt and Brian.

Next is a picture of Nannie with her great-grandchildren (left to right): Josh, Ashley, Anna, Matt, Owen & Adam (we missed you Erin)!

Finally, here is Nannie with her great-great-grandchildren (we missed you Jack and Finn)! Ava is the youngest addition to the great-greats.

It was a packed house. I believe there were about 35 people in attendance to celebrate Nannie's birthday. All of these people and families... All because of one wonderful woman!

Ava was cooing and babbling up a storm with Tim and Lisa. Of course the picture I took doesn't show the talkative side of Ava. What a great picture of Tim and Lisa though!

I am so thankful that Anna not only loves Ava, she loves holding Ava too! Thank you Anna for taking such great care of Ava tonight... and for giving me a chance to eat! :)

On to some new toys Ava has been fascinated with recently...

We bought her a mobile for her crib this past week. It's pretty fancy... The animals spin in circles, the leaves open and close and there are 4 different music/sound options. Ava loves looking at it and listening to it's music before falling asleep for her naps.

Ava also loves this musical toy. Ideally, this toy is used to help little ones sit up. Ava is definitely not ready to sit on her own yet, but she enjoys kicking the instruments with her feet. She also likes being held in front of the toy, or sitting in her Bumbo in front of it. Maybe along with those long fingers, she also inherited my musical abilities. Who knows, we may have a piano prodigy in our midst!

Earlier this week, Matt asked me if I thought Ava would be ready for her Exersaucer. My immediate thought was, "No." I quickly remembered though how well she did in her Bumbo seat well before I thought she was ready for it. So, in the Exersaucer she went! You can tell by her first reaction that she wasn't quite sure what to think about all of the toys...

Once she realized that the toys weren't going to jump out and hurt her, she really became quite interested in everything. By far, her favorite parts of the Exersaucer are the sun....

The animal sound/musical toy. Don't you think it looks a bit like the old school 'Simon Says' game?...

And the spinning thing. Real technical name, I know. Give me a break here. It is 11:30, I am tired, and I think I'm getting my daughter's cold. 'Spinning thing' is the best I can come up with at this point. :)

No comments: