Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Yum Yum

This evening marked a historical moment in Ava's life. Matt and I took her to Yum Yum for the first time. If you're from Greensboro, you've probably been to Yum Yum yourself, or you have at least heard about it. Outwardly, it looks like a hole in the wall, placed in the center of UNC-G's campus. Inwardly, it also looks like a hole in the wall... but they serve some of the "yummiest" ice cream!

Complimenting Yum Yum's ice cream is about as far as I will go. Matt on the other hand, loves their ice cream and hot dogs. I can't bring myself to eat a hot dog that is as fluorescent as a pink highlighter... that's just not right. It also doesn't help that the  stench of B.O. hits you like an anvil the second you get out of your car. "It's not B.O.... it's onions," says Matt. Um, I cook with onions all the time and our kitchen never smells like that! :)

I guess Yum Yum is Matt's version of Fry Sauce (refrence the Wild Wild West post). Anytime I am out of town, or out for the evening, Matt takes the opportunity to eat Yum Yum's radioactive hot dogs... covered with B.O. While you'll never catch me at Yum Yum eating hot dogs, you may find me sitting outside the joint with a chocolate almond ice cream cone in my hand.

Matt and I enjoyed our ice cream while Ava slept. She clearly didn't realize the awesomeness of enjoying a Yum Yum ice cream cone on a gorgeous Spring evening. I'm sure at some point, we'll have pictures of her, ice cream cone in hand, and Yum Yum ice cream all over her face.

1 comment:

Laura said...

anytime that Matt wants a partner in crime for a yum yum hot dog, just have him call Greg. He loves their hot dogs and I can smell him a mile away after he has had one. Man that place reeks! Luckily the ice cream makes up for the smell that sticks around forever!