Friday, April 02, 2010

A Walk In The Park

The weather the past few days has been too good to ignore. Matt and I packed up the stroller, a few picnic blankets, grabbed some food to go and headed to the park this evening. It was a wonderful family outing. Is it just me, or does Ava's hair look almost blonde in the following picture?

Matt and Ava spent some time taking in all of the sights at the park... the other people, the dogs, the water, the... GEESE. This smile was actually her reaction to a flock of geese landing on the water.

And here they are. One of the most hated animals in all of Greensboro. Not only do these guys over-populate the park, they over-populate the whole stinkin' town. Only in Greensboro will traffic come to a screeching halt to let GEESE cross the road. If it were up to Matt, he'd much rather hit the gas pedal than the brake when geese are taking their sweet time crossing the street.



We found a picnic table, spread out the blankets, ate our food, enjoyed time as a family and soaked up today's beautiful weather. Ava and I spend a lot of time outside during our days at home. She loves it! I honestly think she would spend every minute of her day outside if I let her. Her love for the outdoors is fine with us! Matt and I have always wanted to raise our children to spend more time outside than in front of a TV. If her new found appreciation for the great outdoors is a sign of what's to come, bring it on!



Not quite sure what was going through Ava's head when she had my sunglasses on... She was laughing up a storm though. Did I manage to get a picture of her laughing? Nope. Did I manage to get a picture of her looking adorable? Sure did!
















Ava turns 4 months old tomorrow. Stay tuned for her updated monthly photo, pictures from a cookout with my family tomorrow, and Ava's first Easter... celebrating our risen Lord!

No comments: