Sunday, April 18, 2010

Dedicated

This morning Matt, Ava and I took part in our church's parent/child dedication service. It is a special service where parents publicly dedicate to raise their child in a Christian home and to teach them about the love and sacrifice of Jesus. This service holds special meaning for both Matt and I as we venture into parenting together. It is of utmost importance to us that Ava is brought up in a home that is centered around our Lord and Savior! We know that being parents will not be easy... but we also know that parenting is one of the greatest blessings God will ever give us. "For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength." Philippians 4:13.

Following the dedication service, the church prepared a lunch for all 18 children and their families. Unfortunately, not every family member was able to make it to lunch, but most of the gang was there! From left to right, top to bottom: Poppy (Matt's dad), Opa (my dad), Oma (my mom), Me and Ava, Matt, Anna (Matt's cousin), Deda (Matt's grandfather), Owen (Matt's cousin), Mimi (Matt's mom) and Mema (Matt's grandmother). Thanks for sharing in this special day with us!

Ava has a new favorite toy. Her Jumperoo! I put her in it today while I tried to put a mountain of laundry away. All I can say is, I had time to put away the laundry AND do some other chores. Ava was happy as could be! Her legs aren't quite strong enough to jump up and down yet. She was however, able to spin herself in circles... which she found quite amusing. 


Along with playing in her new toy, she started doing two other things this evening: Sticking out her tongue and making the following face. We took several pictures of her in the Jumperoo this evening, all while making that silly face. What a little goober! :)

No comments: