Monday, April 05, 2010

Seriously??

Matt and I did not know Ava's gender until the day she was born. It was such a neat experience to find out that the baby I had been carrying for so long was a girl when she was born. I highly recommend going the "surprise" route to anyone!

Anyway, not knowing if we were going to have a boy or a girl, led us to register for gender neutral baby items. Ava had a lot of green, yellow and brown clothing to wear when she was born. I knew going in that I would hear the question, "boy or girl" a lot when Ava was dressed in green and yellow. That was perfectly fine with me. It was our decision after all, not to find out what we were having.

Well, since Ava is growing like a weed, she has outgrown her gender neutral clothes and is now the proud owner of a mostly pink wardrobe! Ava wore the following outfit to Harris Teeter today. A woman commented on how cute Ava was, and then proceeded to ask, "boy or girl?" Seriously?? I would have figured the pink shirt would have made the answer to that question quite clear. Who knows. Maybe the woman was color blind. In that case though, would the butterfly (complete with flowers on it's wings) and bows on the pockets not hint at the fact that she is a girl?? I'm sure the woman was trying to be polite before accidentally using the wrong pronoun while talking to Ava. I just think it's hilarious! Maybe next time I go to Harris Teeter I will put Ava in a dress, put a bow in her hair, polish on her nails and gloss on her lips.























In other news.... Cheeky McCheekerton (a nickname given to Ava by Matt's sister) has turned into Drooly McDroolerton. My guess is that any day now she'll be know as Teethy McTeetherton. She has been a little out of sorts today. I'm thinking that her fussiness + drool = teeth are on the way. I better cherish every moment of that toothless grin that I have left!

No comments: