Friday, April 23, 2010

Daddy's Biggest Little Fan

It's softball season again! Every year, Matt takes part in our church's softball league. He enjoys playing and I enjoy watching... and talking to the other wives in the bleachers. This year, I have Ava to bring along with me. Check out the matching jerseys! They both say, "Lawndale 37." The wonderful Leary family made Ava's for her. Thanks Scott, Karen, Heather and Brittany!

I look forward to bringing Ava to Matt's games in the years to come. I also look forward to Ava playing sports herself. I know that is a long way down the road, but I need to start praying... NOW! Ava is definitely all Matt! She looks like he spit her out his mouth. I am hoping and praying that since she looks like him, she'll play sports like him too. See, I'm afraid that the one thing she'll get from me is my inability to play team sports. I can run, but ask me to do anything else at the same time (kick, dribble, etc...) and I am a lost cause. Matter of fact, my parents love to remind me that the one year I was FORCED to play soccer, I spent more time fixing my ponytail than actually playing the game. "Lord, please give Ava Matt's athletic genes and the desire to play sports!"

Oh, if the Lawndale Jersey wasn't cute enough, the Learys also got Ava striped and solid orange socks and a long-sleeve orange shirt to wear under the jersey for any cooler night games we might encounter. The long-sleeve shirt wasn't needed this particular night, but Ava definitely rocked the striped orange socks. On a side note, take a look at how Ava is strapped into the jogging stroller. It looks like she is preparing to orbit into outerspace! I mean, I am running faster now than I did right after Ava was born, but come on! I would need to be able to run at warp speed for those straps to be truly useful. 

Mimi and Poppy came out to show their support at Matt's game. I'm sure it didn't hurt that they got to spend some time with their grand-daughter too, right? Speaking of support, Matt's team and the other Lawndale team need all the support they can get! Somehow, there was a goof up with the game schedule and both Lawndale teams got placed in the A-league. That means they got placed with a whole bunch of teams who take softball way too seriously! The score of Matt's first game: Lawndale 4, Muirs Chapel 37. Ouch.

Let me share with you someone who is not a fan of Matt, or myself for that matter. This is how I find Fergie most days... sulking in our closet. Actually, she must have heard me coming into the bedroom and perked up because normally her head is completely buried under my rack of clothes. Any of you out there who may think Fergie is neglected (ahem, Jane), she is not! She may not rule the roost like she used to many moons ago, but she is by no means neglected! I take Fergie with me every morning when Ava and I go running, she gets plenty of play time outside, she still gets multiple belly rubs a day, occasional scraps from the table and treats too! Neglected, no. Drama Mama, perhaps. Sorry Fergs, Ava isn't going anywhere so you better suck it up!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

She is too cute in the orange! And I love your hair curly!