Tuesday, May 18, 2010

New BFF

Today, our friends Marc and Lauren welcomed their second son, Finley Allen Holbrook into the world. He was delivered by C-Section at 9:27am, he weighed 7 lbs. 8 oz, and he was 19 inches long. He has a head full of hair and he looks just like his big brother, Tucker. He is absolutely adorable! Welcome to the world precious boy... you are already loved beyond measure!

Matt and I were able to visit the Holbrook gang the evening of Finley's birth. I can't vouch for how one feels after a C-Section, but Lauren sure made it seem easy... she looked great! Lauren had gestational diabetes during both of her pregnancies and therefore had to really watch her sugar intake. I don't know how she did it. So what did I bring to the hospital during our visit? A gigantic basket full of all of the goodies she wasn't able to eat the past 9 months. I also called her before our visit to see if there was anything she wanted me to pick up for her. Two words: Krispy Kreme. That's my girl! I could feel the nurses glaring at me as I walked into Lauren's room holding a basket of candy and a bag of doughnuts. What are friends for though, right?

Matt, Ava and I have not been back to the hospital since Ava's birth. Walking into the maternity wing, seeing the nursery, hearing the cries, smelling the smells... it quickly made December 3 seem like only days ago instead of 5.5 months ago.

Congratulations Marc, Lauren and Big Brother Tucker! We are so excited for your family. We are thrilled to be able to share these life experiences with you and we consider ourselves blessed to be able to grow as families alongside you!

No comments: