Sunday, May 02, 2010

Thankful

This past weekend, I have had an overwhelming sense of gratitude for the many blessings God has placed in my life. It would be impossible for me to name every single blessing, but allow me to share with you some of the highlights of our weekend. Some of the things for which I am most thankful.

First and foremost, I am thankful for my salvation. Thankful that God loved me so much that he sent His only son to die a horrific death to save me from my sins. Thankful that I have a relationship with God and that I get to spend eternity with Him.

I am thankful for my family. Immediate and extended. I am thankful that my mom was able to spend time with us this past weekend. I am thankful that the Lord blessed her with safe travel to and from our house. I am thankful that we got to spend quality time with her as a family.

I am thankful for the beautiful weather God gave us this past weekend. Matt spent Saturday morning doing yard work while I spent the morning washing our car. Ava spent the morning in her pack-n-play laughing at the trees and gazing at everything to see in our front yard. I am thankful that Ava enjoys spending time outside and that she stays content long enough in her pack-n-play for Matt and I to get some chores done.

I can appreciate the purpose God has given to bees, but I'm not such a fan of the stinger God placed on their back sides. For this reason, I bought this bug net to protect Ava while in her pack-n-play. It may look ridiculous, but I'm not ready to find out if she is allergic to bees yet.

After our morning chores, Matt and I took a nice walk through Guilford and Country Parks near our house. We had a picnic lunch and simply enjoyed the afternoon together. I am thankful for how close the parks are to our house. Thankful for the opportunity to see God's beauty and creation while walking through the parks. Thankful for the time spent together as a family. And thankful that Ava enjoys spending time in a stroller!

I can't even begin to describe how thankful I am for Ava, and what a blessing she is in our lives. I am thankful that she is healthy, happy, growing, developing and that God chose Matt and I to be her parents. Saturday evening, Ava got to munch on a real piece of banana. Well, sort of. I put the banana in the following contraption. When Ava chews on the green mesh, the banana (or whatever food you put in the mesh) breaks down and ends up in her mouth. Ava managed to eat the entire piece of banana in one sitting.

I think it is safe to say Ava likes bananas!

While I am on the "thankful" topic, I have to mention my husband. I am beyond thankful that the Lord has brought him into my life. I am thankful that Matt works his tail off so that I can stay home with Ava. Matt pulls ridiculous hours during the week and never complains about it. I am thankful that Matt loves me, that he is the spiritual leader of our household and that he is the most amazing husband and father. 

Again, I could never fully express how thankful I am for the abundance of blessings I have been given. I felt compelled to blog about just a few of the wonderful things we were able to experience as a family this past weekend. Thank you, Lord!

1 comment:

The Usserys said...

What a sweet post! Thank you for sharing that. A great reminder to count our many, many blessings!