Saturday, February 19, 2011

Free Playground? Yes Please!

Back in December (around Ava's birthday), some friends of ours were looking to get rid of their swing set. The conditions were: If you can come pick it up and haul it yourself, it's yours... free! Conveniently for me, Matt, my dad, my brother, my father-in-law and my brother's massive pick-up truck were all at our humble abode for Ava's birthday party. Inconveniently for them, it started snowing, and started snowing hard while they were at my friend's house taking down the swing set.

After some hard work, creative thinking, elbow grease and frost bitten fingers, all of the swing set pieces made it to our backyard. Since the day the swing set was brought to our house we have endured several snows and unbelievably cold temperatures. Meaning... the disassembled pieces have been laying on the ground for more than 2 months. The playground is disassembled no longer! Matt took advantage of the beautiful weather this morning to go out and put the whole thing together! What a great dad and husband!

Here is a full-view shot from the front:

And from the side:

As soon as the swing set was functional, Ava wasted no time getting into a swing... bare feet and all.

Three swings came with the set. The swings can accommodate every swinger from beginner, to advanced. Take your pick.

The slide:

The rope ladder:

The fort:

The counter and bar stools:

The (empty) sandbox:

This was how Ava looked when Matt and I left to grab a bite to eat. No, no. We didn't really leave her in the swing all by herself. Although, I think she would have rather stayed in the swing instead of getting lunch. She screamed something serious when I took her out of her swing.

I am so looking forward to spending many, many summer days and evenings out here with Ava and as a family. Thank you Carlyle Family for letting us 'take this off your hands' for you!

No comments: