Sunday, February 27, 2011

Simple Weekend

We spent this past weekend with family and enjoying the simplicity of life... Can't think of a better way to pass the time.

My parents came into town on Saturday. We played on Ava's new swing set, ate lunch, went shopping, played in Ava's tent, went for a walk around the neighborhood.... We did plenty of fun and exciting things, and I didn't manage to get a single picture! Arg. Our shopping extravaganza took place at Target... A trip to Target is fun and exciting any day, anytime. While we were there, Ava kept oohing and aahing at various items in the store. Somehow, all of those items made their way into my shopping cart... Hmm, could Oma be to blame for that? Hey, I am not going to put the blame on anyone since my mom flipped the bill at the end of our trip. Maybe next time though, I should ooh and aah at things in the clothing department and see if I have the same effect on my mom as Ava does. Doubtful.

One of the items purchased for Ava... These stinkin' cute shoes. I have the hardest time finding shoes that fit Ava's incredibly puffy feet. When I realized these sandals fit Ava's feet, I really think I saw a glowing light surrounding the shoes and heard harps and angels sing in the background. I just have 3 things to say: 1) Adorable 2) Cankles 3) Do they come in my size?

After my parents left town, we headed to The Harbor Inn to celebrate Nannie's 96th birthday. Nope, that's not a typo... 96! Nannie is Matt's great-grandmother, so that makes her Ava's great-GREAT-grandmother. It is amazing to me that 1) Ava has a great-great-grandmother. 2) Matt has a great-grandmother. 3) Matt's mom still has a grandmother. 4) Matt's grandmother still has her mother around! How many people in their 70s do you know who still have a living parent? Simply amazing!

Below is a picture of 5 generations, all because of Nannie (click here to see last year's photo). Nannie (Matt's great-grandmother) is at the bottom of the picture, front and center. Then, from left to right: Matt, Ava, Judy (Matt's grandmother and otherwise known as Mema) and Kim (Matt's mom, otherwise known as Mimi).

Happy Birthday Nannie! We can't wait to celebrate your 97th next year! :)

After church this morning, we headed to Bur-Mil Park for a picnic and some playground fun. Who could resist this beautiful weather today?

Ahhh, I love weekends that are slow, easy going and relaxing. Here's hoping yours was as enjoyable as ours!

No comments: