Thursday, March 17, 2011

Road Trip

My mom is a teacher. This past week, my mom was on spring break. My mom had time off from school. Ava and I had a clear schedule. Need I say more? We packed up, hit the road and spent some time at Oma and Opa's house.

Our four days in Fuquay-Varina were packed and full of excitement. Here are some of the things we did...

When I was in high school, I spent a lot of time at Cary Town Center (the local mall). It was a decent mall at the time, but nothing to go crazy about. Now, 10 years later, the place has been totally re-vamped and is much nicer than I would have imagined. And, um, hello? Where was the merry-go-round when I was in high school?

On the 2nd night of our stay, we enjoyed a fire in the backyard. Ava enjoyed cuddling with Oma while Uncle Ryan made sure the flames did not die down.

Ava also enjoyed sitting in her very own chair. Brings back memories to my childhood camping days.

What backyard fire is complete without s'mores?! Ava had a bite of my first... and second... and third s'more. You can see the evidence on her face...

Ava spent a lot of time walking around the living room and the play room upstairs. My brother loved seeing his little niece walk on her pudgy feet. In this picture, he was trying get Ava's attention by playing something on my phone (probably Elmo's World). 

If you live in Raleigh, or ever happen to be visiting, you've got to give 'Marble's Kid's Museum' a try. It is a great museum and a phenomenal price! During our visit, Ava enjoyed all of the exhibits, games and toys. I managed to get a couple of pictures of her playing dress up as a veterinarian...

She brushed a cat.

And gave the cat a shot.

The following picture was taken in one of Ava's favorite rooms at the museum. It is a round room with sea animals covering the walls, sea creatures on the floor and a disco ball illuminating 'bubbles' throughout the room. It's an underwater wonderland! Ava enjoyed sitting on this bubble and bouncing her biskies up and down.

Other adventures at the museum...

Ava playing in a yellow submarine.

And driving a city bus...

And learning about money...

And catching a wave...

And posing for a picture...

Whew! I am certain Ava took a nap after coming home from the museum. As soon as she got up though, Ava got right back to playing. As a matter of fact, she enjoyed a tea party with Oma.

And a horseback ride on her latest toy.

No matter how busy we were or what we did, the best part of our trip was being able to spend time with family! Thanks for letting us come and making our trip so much fun!

3 comments:

Tracie G. said...

Melissa, I just love reading your blog. It is probably the only way I get to see what all is going on with the Kincaid/Gardner family. Ava is such a doll! Next time you are in FV, let me know. I work five minutes from the Cary Towne Mall and I would love to finally meet my little third cousin!
Tracie

Laura said...

Ava looks JUST like you in the horsey picture. Glad you had a good time!

Courtney said...

So fun bumping into you at Marbles! Wish we could have gotten to talk more, err, well, at all! Glad you had a great time with your mom. So glad I got to see Ava in person, I didn't think she could be cuter than her pics, but she totaly is!