Thursday, March 17, 2011

Tents and TP

Several weeks ago, I gave Friday the name, "TV and picnic day." At precisely 10am on Friday mornings, I turn on PBS and Ava watches Sesame Street. Well, she watches the first 5 minutes of Sesame Street and then gets bored and moves onto something else (have I mentioned how thankful I am that Ava doesn't care much for TV?). Then, at about 10:40am, the theme song to "Elmo's World" rings though the house, and Ava's attention quickly returns to the TV. When Elmo is over, we play for the next hour or so until lunch time. In weeks past, we have had a picnic lunch in a tent on the living room floor. Now that the weather is warm, I plan on having our picnics outside in the backyard!

Two weeks ago, Ava was tuned into Elmo's World, like any normal Friday. Suddenly, the cable went out. How do you explain that to a 15 month old? Yikes! I quickly pulled out my phone and pulled up an episode of Elmo's World on You Tube. I sat Ava in her tent, gave her my phone and let her watch Elmo to her heart's content. I think it's safe to say she got over the fact that the cable went out...


If you have children, then you know that if they are being perfectly silent in a room down the hall, they are probably up to no good. See what I mean?

When I originally found Ava, she had taken the toilet paper and was laying on the floor underneath the clothes hanging in the closet. By the time I ran down the hall to get my camera, she had crawled out from her hiding space...

I stepped out of the bathroom for about 30 seconds to see if she would follow me, or find something else mischevious to do. Why did I even think she would make the choice to follow me? She managed to unroll a few more yards of toilet paper before I nipped this game in the bud.

Every day is an adventure, and I am so blessed to be able to spend my days with my favorite girl!

No comments: