Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve

Believe it or not, Christmas Eve was one of our least busy days this Holiday season. Which is fine by me! We got to spend the day enjoying the company of wonderful friends and family, while kicking back, relaxing and celebrating the true reason for the season.

Our morning started by having our 2nd annual Christmas Eve brunch with great friends. Last year, Ava could not yet walk at Christmas, so my morning was spent chasing Ava as she crawled around the floor, making sure she wasn't putting unidentified objects in her mouth. This year, Ava is fully mobile and (thankfully) past the "put everything in her mouth" stage. What does this mean? I was able to enjoy my food and my conversations while kept herself busy playing with Tucker and Finn.

We are very blessed to have such amazing friends!

For dinner, we went to The Olive Garden with Mimi, Poppy and Gammy. Ava always loves spending time Gammy.

When we got home, Ava got to open one present before going to bed...

If you know my daughter, you know that she LOVES her mammies (jammies). You probably also know that she would stay in them all day if I let her (which has happened a time or two). Needless to say, Ava was very excited to find out that her Christmas Eve present was a brand new pair of Christmas jammies.

May I also mention that I was surprised and thrilled to get to open up my very own pair of Christmas jammies as well!

There was only one thing left to do before going to bed...  I hope Santa will enjoy Ava's handmade cookies!

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a goodnight!

No comments: