Thursday, June 03, 2010

6 Months

Today, June 3rd, marks Ava's 6 month Birthday. Holy stinkin' cow! Matt and I can't believe that Ava is already half a year old. We have cherished and savored every moment that she has been in our lives. We already can't imagine life without her, and we are beyond blessed to be her parents! Oh, and you better believe Matt and I sang, "Happy Half Birthday to you..." when she woke up this morning!

Well, another month... another photo shoot with the bear. She has grown quite a bit from month one, wouldn't you say? Ava has her appointment with the pediatrician next Thursday. I am curious to find out her measurements. I don't think she has gained much weight, but I know she has grown in length. She has been in 18 month clothes for over a month now. In the words of Charlie Brown, "Good Grief!"

As soon as I propped Ava up in the crib, she knew how to work it. At first she looked at the bear as if to say, "Hey, I think I know you!"

Which turned into, "Hey, I think I looooooove you!"

And, "Hey mom, I'm the star of this show! What is this bear doing sharing my spotlight?"

Last night, Ava woke up twice while sleeping. One time shortly after going to bed and the second time at 5am. I turned on the video monitor and low and behold, she was laying on her stomach, much like the next photo. I am not sure how long she had been sleeping on her stomach, but my guess is she woke up that way and realized something wasn't quite right. Poor girl. Ava has long since mastered rolling from front to back and vice versa, but I think last night she was too tired to figure out how to solve her little dilemma. Let's hope she stays on her back tonight. Or at least let's hope she doesn't have another freak-out session at 5am!

Ava's teeth continue to grow! I have the hardest time getting her pearly whites on film. She is always smiling, but it seems that she somehow covers up her teeth with her bottom lip or tongue. This is the best toothy grin I have of her so far. This past weekend I became jealous of my friends who bottle feed. That's all I'm gonna say!

We went out to dinner tonight to celebrate Ava's first 6 months of life. Well, technically our friends Marc and Lauren asked us if we wanted to grab a bite to eat and Matt and I counted that as Ava's 6 month celebration. Plus, I jumped at the opportunity to not cook and Lauren jumped at the opportunity to get out of the house!

Ava loves watching everything that Tucker does. He was being so sweet to his cutie-pie (that is what Tucker calls Ava). Just hold out a little while longer Tucker and Ava will be running around with you!

Finny-Finster came out to dinner too! He is just over 2 weeks old now and has started gaining weight like a champ! I have held him plenty, but his eyes have always been closed so he has never truly seen me. Tonight his eyes were open and he clearly didn't realize that we know each other because he gave me the skunk eye for a good couple of minutes. :)

These two melt my heart. I love them both so much and I am so thankful that God has given me the opportunity to love them as a wife and mom.

Praise God for the past 6 months! What a blessing!

No comments: