Monday, June 28, 2010

Movin' on Up... And Down

Well, Ava has graduated from her infant car seat to this Big Girl car seat. We figured since she was about to exceed the length and weight limit for the infant car seat, it was time to move her on up! Ava has been in this one since last week and she seems to enjoy it!

One night several weeks ago, Matt and I heard a lot of rustling around on the baby monitor. We turned on the video portion of the monitor and found our little girl throwing her feet on top of the crib railing. So... down went the mattress. I don't have a picture of her in her new low riding crib, but the following picture is how we find Ava every morning. That girl is a tummy sleeper, just like her mama! We lay her on her back when we put her down at night, but after about 5 minutes of rolling around, she finds the perfect spot, snuggles with her froggy, makes sure she's on her tummy and zonks out.


I wish I had audio for this next picture... One of Ava's latest thing is wrinkling up her nose, smiling and breathing hard and fast through her nose for a couple of seconds. It sounds so funny! So cute. Such a ham.


Let me just say, I have an awesome family. Not only did my parents take care of Fergie for us while we were at the beach, my mom drove 2 hours to our house to come pick the dog up for me! If that wasn't nice enough, my mom, dad, brother and Kayla drove all the way back to Greensboro to drop Fergie back off the day we came back from the beach... AND they had lunch ready and waiting for us when we walked in the door! Thank you all so much!

There were definitely plenty of people willing to hold Ava which allowed Matt and I to unpack and settle back in. Ava found that sitting on Uncle Ryan's head was quite hilarious. I don't think Uncle Ryan found it quite as funny. Especially when my dad yelled out, "Oh no. She's leaking!" No worries. No leakage.


When I said that there were plenty of people willing to hold Ava, I meant just Kayla and my mom. You see, my dad was preoccupied with watching the World Cup...


And my brother was preoccupied with, well...


He he he. Just kidding guys! I know if there was absolutely no one in the room to hold Ava and she had been laying in the middle of the floor alone, covered in spit up and crying out for help, you would have stepped up. :)

No comments: