Saturday, June 12, 2010

Odor Eaters & Alphabet Soup

I know with the economy, money is tight for a lot of people right now. Well folks, let me give you a hint as to which stock to invest in down the road. Odor Eaters. Don't let these precious, chubby feet and toes fool you. You see, we believe Ava is going to have some rather stinky feet in her somewhat immediate future. Therefore, Odor Eaters will be as necessary as... air in the Gardner household.

Ever since Ava was born, Matt and I have loved kissing, tickling, nibbling and playing with her adorable feet. We immediately noticed that Ava's feet felt clamy every time we touched them, even at the hospital. At first, we blamed her sweaty feet to the fact that they were bundled up in socks and footed pajamas. After all, Ava was born in December and any first time mom is going to over-protect their little one from the cold weather. Or at least I did. Then came spring. No socks. No footed outfits, and yet the sweaty, sticky feet remained. 

I apologize in advance to any friends and family members who may have to put up with Ava's stinky feet and shoes in the years to come. Just know that her stinky feet will be a result of genetics (since she had sweaty feet at birth) and not hygiene!
























Ava has been in a big girl bath tub for quite some time now. Basically because she is exactly that... a big girl. She outgrew they baby tub at about 5 weeks old. Up until recently, Ava had a little reclining device that helped to keep her head and ears out of the water. Since being able to sit up on her own and trying to roll off the recliner every time we put her on it, we kicked it to the curb and just let her stew in a big tub of alphabet soup. 























Ava loves being able to splash around and pick up the colorful letters and numbers that float by her side. What can I say? I'm a former teacher. Who needs actual bath toys when you can play with ABC's and 123's!? While I may be the teacher with education on my mind, Matt is Mr. Safety when it comes to bath time. He makes sure that whatever letter or number Ava grabs is round in shape. Notice the 8 she is chewing on? Round in shape. No long, straight sides to go down Ava's throat, like Y or I.


Again, notice the letter? Q. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate Matt's mindful eye and thoughtfulness... Guess I'll just have to find other ways to teach Ava the alphabet or she'll only learn the round letters! :) Oh, and may I just also add, it doesn't matter how many times Ava gets a bath, her feet are still clamy and sweaty. Odor Eaters. I'm just sayin'!

This next picture doesn't have anything to do with stinky feet or bath time. It's just plain fun! As you can tell by Ava's face, she loves being held upside down. It is currently one of her favorite things to do. I haven't been brave enough to hang her upside down right after eating. You know that whole, "must wait 30 minutes to go swimming after eating" thing? Same principle. So far, so good.























Hope you all are having a wonderful start to your summer! Up next for us? A visit from Oma this week and then... THE BEACH! Summa, Summa, Summa Tiiiiiime!

No comments: