Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Peek-A-Baby

Peek-A-Boo has always been one of Ava's favorite games to play. It's not like her game-playing list is long at this point, but of the handful of games she enjoys, this one is up at the top! While waiting for her bedtime bottle tonight, this is the scene you would have witnessed had you been in our kitchen.

First, drape the towel over baby's head:

Next, allow baby to take the towel off by herself. Immediately follow with parental applause.

Then, take the first 2 steps and repeat x 100. 

Finally, baby goes from happy...

To happier...

To happiest!

Isn't it amazing what can happen with a simple kitchen towel?

If you live within a 25 mile radius of our house, I am sure you experienced the same thunderstorms that came rockin' and rollin' through this evening. Ava seems to love watching trees blow in the wind, so we thought what better time to take her outside to watch them than during a thunderstorm? Don't worry, we weren't out in the worst of it, and we stayed covered on our front porch. Once the thunder and lightning subsided, we did take Ava out to play in the rain. I am KICKING myself for not brining the camera with me! Ava was hilarious! I guess she loves water no matter what form it is in, even if it is falling on her head and face.

Completely changing the subject here... Do you remember The Police song, "Do do do, Da da da"? I think Ava was singing that today. I almost half expected her to bust out in a chorus of "Do Wa-Ditty, Ditty Dum, Ditty Do!" She has been making all kinds of funny sounds and babbles lately. I think her babble of choice is "da da." I know at this point she has no clue what she is saying and she in no way associates those words/sounds with Matt. I do have to admit however, that it warms our hearts to hear those sweet sounds come out of her mouth, knowing that someday soon she really will use them when talking about her wonderful daddy.

Oma is coming tomorrow and the beach is in 4 days! Can you tell I'm excited!?

No comments: