Friday, September 03, 2010

9 Months

Nine months. Wowzers. Only 3 months left until Ava is one year old. Ava goes to the doctor on Tuesday for her 9 month check up. Stay tuned for her measurements. I am curious to see how much she has grown. Ok, now on to the 9 month photo shoot with  the bear...

Do you remember me mentioning in a previous post that Ava likes to squint or close her eyes when I take pictures? Not much has changed in that department. 

Here is a list of things that have changed for Ava recently:
-She is getting much more efficient at scooting across the floor. She still moves with her belly dragging on the ground, but she is much quicker at getting around.
-Yogurt. I wasn't a fan of yogurt until about a year ago so I was convinced that Ava would want nothing to do with the stuff. I was wrong. Blueberry flavored Yo Baby Yogurt is her new breakfast of choice.
-Clapping. I'm not quite sure where this came from... Matt and I did not intentionally teach her how to clap her hands and yet, she can do it. Way to go, baby girl!
-Rump Shaking. Whether sitting or standing (with help), as soon as Ava hears a good groove, she turns into a dancing fool! 
-Pointing at certain familiar objects. When we ask, "Ava, where is the fan?" Sure enough, she will locate it. She used to stick her whole hand in the air as if to say, "Behold.... the fan!" Now, she is able to point with just her pudgy pointer finger. Other objects she is able to locate when asked: lights, Fergie, Daddy, Froggy and airplanes.

See what I mean? Right before I took the following picture, I said, "Ava, where is the bear's nose?" Without even looking, she pointed right to the bear's sniffer. Well, not really. None of that was true. But it makes for a good story, right?


Just one more pic from her 9 month photo shoot. Unfortunately, Ava was in a very chill mood on her 9 month birthday so I didn't capture many goofy shots. Her top two teeth have been giving her a fit lately. I believe now that they are both through her gums, there is a light at the end of the tunnel... At least until the next tooth decides to break through.

No comments: