Sunday, September 19, 2010

Punky Brewster

The meaning of the title today is twofold. Here is reason #1:

This past Friday, Matt, Ava and I took part in our church's choir retreat. It was a lot of fun! We enjoyed great food, fun games, the unveiling of our Christmas program and more. Everyone in attendance was asked to wear the colors of their favorite sports team, whether high school, collegiate or pro. Do I really need to explain to you the color our family chose? I couldn't just stop at a Carolina Blue shirt, I had to do something spunky to her hair too. Pig tails it was. Well, more like pig sprouts, but adorable just the same! Don't her pig sprouts make her look a little Punky Brewster-esque? But cuter? :)

Toward the very end of the evening, Ava and I were rolling a beach ball back and forth on the floor. All of a sudden, I noticed a wet spot on her onesie that continued to get bigger, and bigger. Sigh. I left the room with a baby decked out in Carolina blue. I came back into the room with a baby wearing nothing but a diaper. Ava had peed through her diaper, shorts and onesie. Grrr. You see, we were trying to get out of the house in a hurry this particular evening. I had thought about grabbing an extra outfit for Ava, but grabbing an extra outfit would have cost me 5 extra seconds! Plus, she hadn't had any diaper issues for months. Again, sigh. Thank goodness for Aunt Kathy! She had a spare afghan in her car (a Carolina one, no less) and she let me wrap Ava in it for the remainder of the night.

Reason #2 (Referring back to Punky Brewster): After church today, Matt, Ava and I went out to lunch. We noticed that Ava was not her normal, jovial self. I started to move my hand toward her forehead to see if she felt warm and I could literally feel the heat radiating from her head about an inch before I touched it. Poor baby. Had a fever of 102.6. I know that is not record breaking, but it is the highest temperature she has had to date. Fortunately, she is still acting happy... We can just tell that she is feeling a little "punky."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Come On Melissa, that baby is WAY too pretty to be wearing that baby blue!! Red is much more suiting! Just saying!!

Courtney said...

Are you kidding me with those cute sprouts! I love it!